This is a non-exempt position with the primary responsibility to support clients and brokers primarily via phone and email correspondence on inquiries or issues that arise. This position is expected to deliver excellent customer service by researching and responding to client and broker inquiries in a timely manner.
- Provide primary support for SIHO clients and brokers on day-to-day inquiries and issue resolution
- Create, update, and distribute appropriate documents that assist in improving SIHO’s service to customers.
- Engage and collaborate with other departments as applicable
- Assist with new account implementations, client orientations, open enrollment sessions, and quarterly reviews, as needed
- Identify and communicate process improvement opportunities to prevent repeat calls on the same topic.
- Actively engage in tasks that continuously reduce repeat calls to all departments and escalated calls to Employer Services Team.
- Assist in the development of and the implementation of internal controls and procedures.
- Responds to internal and external customers in a timely manner
- Educate the client and brokers about online resources, plan language, and the extent of our administrative issue. Promote the use of the appropriate department in future calls
- Communication opportunities to appropriate SIHO departments for prompt resolution. A follow-up to assure the proposed solution meets the client’s expectations.
Minimum Skills Requirement:
- Possess a passion for customer service
- Knowledge of the managed healthcare industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex benefits problems
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Ability to work at a self-directed pace in a changing, multi-task environment
- Professional appearance and presence
- Commitment to support and maintain confidentiality in conformance to HIPAA guidelines
- Two years experience in customer service or related environment
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel and Word. (Experience in Publisher and Access helpful)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience